for the ceremony, the reception, the honeymoon
Hotel Cà Sagredo
A jewel-box of beauty and ecstasy, a gateway to the heavens. The preciousness of the Venetian floors which reflect the light, the intensity of the frescoes by Tiepolo and Pietro Longhi on the high ceilings, the triumphal entrances and the sumptuous halls decorated in golden splendor make Ca’ Sagredo, an ancient Venetian mansion of the 1300s, a prestigious luxury hotel today.
on The Grand Canal
Facing the Grand Canal in Venice, the Hotel Carlton is only 5 minutes on foot from the railway station of Santa Lucia and the parking area of Piazzale Roma. It offers ample rooms in the Venetian style and has a cocktail bar on the top floor with a panoramic terrace. This romantic 4-star hotel can boast elegant interiors enriched by chandeliers in Murano glass and antique furniture. All the rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV, mini-bar, private bathroom with hair-dryer. American breakfast is served every morning. The bar, Carlton Café serves drinks and snacks throughout the day, while the restaurant, La Cupole, prepares both Italian and international dishes. The Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal offers free entry to the Casino and Reception can reserve tickets for the theatre and excursions. St. Mark’s Square can be reached easily on foot with a 25 minute walk, or by water-bus.
Hotel Centurion Palace
The Centurion Palace, once known as Palazzo Genovese, owes its name to the discovery during construction in the heart of the hotel of an ancient coin of Antinoo, a character dear to Emperor Hadrian. Facing the Grand Canal and St. Mark’s Square, it is situated next to the famous cathedral of Santa Maria della Salute. This ancient mansion is steeped in history and is surrounded by mysterious narrow Venetian streets leading to the Guggenheim Museum of modern art and the new contemporary art museum Punta della Dogana.
Hotel Cà Nigra
The prestige of men and women of great personality are protagonists of Ca’Nigra, such as the Italian poet and ambassador Costantino Nigra. A highly esteemed character, a great traveller and man-of-the-world, Costantino Nigra from Piemont, close friend of the French Empress Eugenia di Montijo, poet and writer, was an expert diplomat working with Cavour in the 19th. century. At the end of his service in the courts of St. Petersburg, London and Vienna, ambassador Nigra chose Venice as his final goal after his endless travelling and he desired a sublime residence on the Grand Canal where you can stay today. The ornate mansion has triple-lancet windows, round arches and a loggia with balconies in Istrian stone.
Hotel Palazzo Stern
The building today known as Palazzo Stern has ancient origins: in fact, the original two storey Veneto-Byzantine structure was erected in the early 1400s. by the Malpaga family. It fell into dis-use over the centuries and in the 1900s was purchased by the Stern family who decided to reconstruct the building. So, from 1909 to 1912 Ernesta de Hierschel Stern, using first the architect Giuseppe Berti, but mainly the architect and decorator Raffaele Mainella who completed the project, gave the building its appearance you can see today and named it for her husband. The two architects reconstructed and enlarged the building using antique material. Today the residence has been converted into a luxury hotel.
Since it opened its doors in 1880 the Hotel Bauer has formed a great tradition of hospitality in Venice. Originally the hotel was known as the Bauer-Grunwald thanks to a Venetian love story: a young, enterprising Austrian, Julius Grunwald, arrived in Venice and fell in love with the daughter of Mr. Bauer, the respected manager of the Hotel de la Ville in Venice. Appreciating the talent for business and elegance of the young Grunwald, Bauer agreed to the marriage and what followed is history. After the wedding the young couple continued as hoteliers and the collaboration between the two men was complete and formed the solid tradition of family management which continues today. In the 1940s Bennati undertook the first renovation and enlargement of the hotel with the reconstruction of the original façade of the 18th. century in Byzantine-Gothic style; the contrast between the Gothic part and the modern enlargement built as a completely new wing on Campo San Moisè was carefully studied from an architectural point of view. A terrace on the 7th. floor, known as ‘Seventh Heaven’ is still the highest in Venice today. When the Bauer finally re-opened in 1949 it was the most modern and elegant hotel in Venice.
Hotel Ai Reali
The hotel ‘Ai Reali’ is the result of the transformation of ‘Ca’ Corner-Reali’, an ancient noble mansion of the 17th century. Belonging to a branch of the Corner family, it was purchased by Algarotti and re-sold to Guzzetti, then in 1800 to Reali who was the owner of many candle-factories and one of the most ancient sugar refineries. Palazzo Gussoni, dating back to the 1500s and attributed to Pietro Lombardo forms one wing of the hotel. The hotel ‘Ai Reali’ is an ancient mansion of the 1700s completely restructured which surrounds you in an intimate, refined atmosphere in the historic heart of Venice, 5 minutes from St. Mark’s Square.